Welcome to The WSGR Data Advisor, your source for unique insights, news, and updates on privacy, cybersecurity, and data protection–brought to you by our experienced global privacy and cybersecurity team at Wilson Sonsini.
Data drives the modern economy, and we know it is daunting to stay current on the complex and ever-changing set of laws, regulations, and industry standards that govern the many dimensions of privacy, including cybersecurity and the collection, storage, and use of data. The WSGR Data Advisor is designed to be your source for the latest news and updates on the critical issues that matter most to you and your business.
About the Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice
Wilson Sonsini’s cross-disciplinary team of highly experienced professionals is at the forefront of privacy and cybersecurity law in the U.S. and throughout the world. With an insider’s perspective on policy and enforcement culture, coupled with a real-world understanding of true litigation risk and industry practices, we provide an unparalleled combination of practical and policy experience. Our team includes former government officials, leading privacy litigators, and a deep bench of compliance attorneys, transactional lawyers, and legislative and regulatory strategists.
Among many other matters, we regularly:
- provide our clients with practical advice on how they can collect, use, and share data and still comply with the web of ever-changing privacy laws;
- defend clients in class action and other privacy-related litigation;
- devise thoughtful and effective business and legal responses to security breaches, including crisis management advice;
- help clients create, enhance, and audit privacy and data security policies and programs;
- develop and implement global compliance programs; and
- counsel clients on compliance with regulations related to advertising and marketing in new media, including the use of endorsements and user-generated content.
For more about our practice, please click here.
About Wilson Sonsini
Wilson Sonsini’s services and legal disciplines focus on serving the principal challenges faced by the management, boards of directors, shareholders, and in-house counsel of our clients. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm is nationally recognized as a leading provider to growing and established clients seeking legal counsel to complete sophisticated corporate and technology transactions; manage governance and enterprise-scale matters; assist with intellectual property development, protection, and IP-driven transactions; represent them in contested disputes; and/or advise them on antitrust or other regulatory matters.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has offices in Austin; Beijing; Boston; Boulder; Brussels; Hong Kong; London; Los Angeles; New York; Palo Alto; Salt Lake City; San Diego; San Francisco; Seattle; Shanghai; Washington, D.C.; and Wilmington, DE.